Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A 10 1/2 year old super hound


I'm hoping you remember that Saturday is our big day, our parade of available seniors. Seven seniors to be exact.

If you have read all of the stories so far, you're probably convinced that yes, there is room in your heart and your home for one of our best kept secrets.

But if you haven't, let me recap: they're loving and snuggly, wild and crazy, and they will adapt so fast, you'll never know they just arrived.

See you Saturday!


MEET MR. YAZ, almost 10 yrs.

My name is Silent Power, but you can call me Mr. Yaz.

I retired from the race track at 51/2 yrs. of age. My last race was The Night of Stars at Hollywood Race track. I was a very lucky guy, I got to fly home in a jet!


Once home I started learning all about being a lazy, loved house dog. I got to go on long walks and spend lots of time relaxing. I am now nearing the age of 10 yrs. and I am still a very handsome studley greyhound!

I have three girly roomies who spend lots of time being "cute" girls! But I just a need a good ear scritch, a nice walk and my couch to be happy. I am very attentive to my humans and love to lay on my couch with my head in their laps. And I, of course, have the most beautiful tenor voice you can imagine! I lead the girls in song when it is cookie time.


My only problem is that I am so afraid of flys - my humans have to be very careful about letting one of those nasty bugs in the house. If I see one, I will go to the bedroom closet and hide!


I only go outside when necessary, and when it's raining I can wait a very long time. The girls will go out and run around like silly girls do, I must stand on the deck and supervise their activities.

I am so athletic that I can still leap all 10 deck stairs in a single bound - I am SUPERHOUND!

See what a gorgeous senior boy I am.

No comments: