Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day!

This is it! We've officially begun the month of stars, May is Adopt a Senior Greyhound month. It's going to be a greyt month. Seniors will no longer be the best kept secret 'cause everyone will have one. 

Eight senior greyhounds are looking for a home, and who better start off our month of senior starts than Star herself!

"I have enriched my mom and dad's life to no end."

Meet Star

Hi, my name is Star, and I really am a STAR.  After a great racing career, and several litters of puppies I got to retire.  So I found my way down to the adoption kennel.  But I had several strikes against me - I was 8 years old, big, black and I have a very big voice.  So I sat in the adoption kennel and was often passed by til one of the volunteers decided I needed to go home with her!

I now lead a very charmed life of relaxing and relaxing.  I have enriched my mom and dad's life to no end.  

My favorite activity is a nice, long walk on the beach.  

I love to go for car rides, and visit new perspective adopters. It's fun to go shopping at the local pet store and pick out treats and toys - squeaky toys are fun to throw around, everyone has to get in on the act - I have three greyhound roomies.  

My favorite time of day is cookie time which happens at exactly 7 PM each evening.  We all sing a beautiful song and are rewarded with a yummy treat.

My 9th birthday will be on May 10th, but let me tell you, I feel better than ever and have no trouble keeping up with that silly little redhead who is just 2 yrs.!

As you can see I really am a shining STAR!

No comments: